Anyone signing up for membership with IPHM or using our services are stating that they agree and have read our T&Cs and accept our Code of Ethics
Terms & Conditions - Holistic Therapy Services Ltd - Trading as IPHM
Beauty Training providers
Pre Requisites for Beauty/ Aesthetics Training Providers (face to face) All agree to our Code of Ethics & T&Cs
1. If offering training in non-evasive beauty therapies you should hold a level 3 teaching qualification or equivalent such as AET, VTCT, IPHM Teaching course and have a minimum of 12 months experience.
2. If offering facial/body aesthetics for example all injectables, Botox, Vitamin Injections, permanent makeup (SPMU), Dermal Fillers etc you must hold a degree in nursing/dentistry or medicine and have minimum 12 months experience or a level 7 qualification in botox and dermal filling to offer training to others.
3. Online beauty courses - In the case of online courses video training should be available if deemed necessary and online tutor support provided. Some minimal invasive procedures such as Micro dermabrasion may offer this as a theory course but should ensure the student also undergoes practical training and case studies before awarding a certificate. If they have only undertaken this in theory then the certificate must show this. Invasive aesthetics courses maybe offered partly online such as theory, but all practical must be done face to face and no certificate should be awarded until this is the case.
4. Insurance is essential to teach your courses. If you do not currently hold insurance you may still apply but this should be arranged within 7 days of accreditation being offered (you can apply for insurance via one of our affiliates and may benefit from a 15% discount)
5. Tattooists (teaching) - Must hold Level 5 VTCT in laser tattoo removal - minimum of 6 months experience - tattoo artist licence - Insurance - Level 3 teaching qualification
6. Pathway to Aesthetics - As of 31/3/2022 IPHM will no longer accept this for accreditation
7. All trainers must provide a satisfactory level of health and safety management at any premises that you conduct aesthetics and this is an essential criteria of membership to join IPHM.
Pre Requisites for all Training Providers
All agree to our code of Ethics & T&Cs and if offering face to face training you should have a minimum of 12 months experience (previous update) 9/4/2021 (point 4 amended & 6 included) (latest update) 10/2/2022 - point 7 wording amended for clarification.
1. You and your actual course work will be accredited by IPHM & a sample of course work will be required for evaluation. Copyright infringement will be taken seriously, and you will be agreeing that you hold full copyright for the course material you will be providing.
2. If studying advanced level courses either online or face to face it is your responsibility to ensure your students have completed basic training first if offering advanced level training and complete any necessary case studies. In the case of certain training courses it is your responsibility to ensure your students meet the necessary pre-requisites.
3. Insurance is recommended but not essential, however a discount will be available for training providers offering training courses as an IPHM member both online and face to face.
4. No online training in any invasive beauty therapy courses or aesthetics will be accepted for qualifying students to work unsupervised- Only natural and none invasive beauty therapies will be accepted for online training. If wishing to offer theory only then the certificate you award your student must clearly state that it was a theory only course.
5. Botox/Injectables: Batch numbers must be recorded on patient files. Needlestick Injury Policy and Photograph Requirement Policy must be in place. Acceptable practitioners: Surgeon, Doctor, Physician Associate, Nurse, Dentist, Paramedic, Dental Therapist/Hygienist, Pharmacist, Podiatrist, Physiotherapist, Optometrist, Orthoptist.
6. When offering your courses you must ensure that all your students submit case studies and have their course work checked by either setting them an exam or doing personal one to one assessments to ensure you feel confident that your students are capable and confident in the subjects they have been taught before offering them a certificate. We recommend that online courses should offer a minimum of 30hrs study time if offering them a certified qualification.
7. Affiliates - Should you have other people offering your courses as an affiliate then they must be registered with IPHM as a Subeducator or if working and being paid by yourself then they should be listed on your application if wishing to state that they are offering your courses or training as IPHM approved.
Pre Requisites for All Therapists
1. You should only be offering therapies within the limits of your competence and training and all therapist must agree to abide by our code of ethics
2. If offering therapies in aesthetics you should hold a minimum of level 3 beauty qualification and hold a qualification in semi permanent makeup or Microblading for a minimum of 6 months and insurance. (please note insurance can be requested with discount for IPHM members) and if not currently insured you should obtain this within 7 days of acceptance.
You may also want to visit our Frequently asked questions page:
Our Mission: Our aim at IPHM is to provide membership for all qualified therapists, training providers etc in the Complementary and Natural health and Beauty Industry thus helping to create an independent and unified standard of practice amongst all practitioners and training providers. Accredited therapists and training providers are more likely to obtain the confidence of the public when part of a larger umbrella of other professional practitioners, however we do not make any guarantees of work in the industry and members should abide by their own countries laws and licence agreements.
When you request membership with the iphm you are stating that you hold the necessary skills and qualifications as stated on your application. IPHM will take this in good faith and process your application however you may be asked for proof of any qualifications that you hold that are listed or stated on your application form at any time either on application request or at some point during your membership term.
Should you not supply said information on request and your application has been processed then please note you will not be eligible for any refund and we hold the right to withdraw your membership.
Should your membership not be accepted for any other reason than above and you have made payment then this will be refunded to you in full, however please note that you may incur a small a small admin fee which we are unable to reimburse.
Referral and recommendation payments will be made for members who have signed up to our referral programme. From January 2020 referral payment of £7.00 per referral on condition of referred member being accepted by IPHM will be paid. Members referred within a one month period exceeding 15 accepted referrals will be entitled to a £10 commission referral fee for each member during that month. Payments for referral fees are made 3 times a year and payable within the first two weeks of the following months - April - August -December.
Referral payments can only be made if we have received details on the application form of the member referral including their membership name and or IPHM number.
Referral fees are only payable to existing and current members providing membership is kept up to date and has not been cancelled or expired. IPHM have the right to remove a member from the referral scheme if found to be in breach of any of our code of ethics & T’Cs or IPHM feel there is a misuse of the scheme.
Members agree to these T&Cs on submission of application and on renewal and should check back regularly for possible updates.
All Training Providers – What you are agreeing to
You should know that by using our logo on any certificates/awards that this is only used for the actual courses or training we have approved and are shown on your listing with us.
Offering Workshops and Direct Training - You are agreeing that you or your training providers hold the necessary qualifications and or experience to offer the courses to your students in a professional and responsible manner. Please note that our logo should not be used on any certificates for courses that are not approved or listed on your profile. Failure to mislead students may result in the immediate removal of your listing. Any course provider found to be in breach of this may have their listing and membership removed from our website and no refund will be offered. If you employ professional training providers who will be offering your courses you must inform us of their full name and details on your application. If you have other training providers working on a self-employed basis and wishing to offer your courses as approved IPHM trainers then they must be listed as an IPHM subeducator.
Online/Distance Learning Courses – You are agreeing that you hold full copyright for the course material you are providing and that the content you are sending out is unique to your training school or that you have full permission to use. No invasive courses will be accredited by IPHM for online learning
Course Material/Copyright - Please ensure if submitting any course material that it has been written by or for you only or you have full permission to re-use.
Training Providers with Subeducators - It is your responsibility to ensure that your educators hold the correct qualifications and experience to carry out the training they are offering on your behalf. Subeducators membership is only valid if their training provider membership is currently up to date with their payments
Therapists – What you are agreeing to
As an accredited IPHM therapist you must under no circumstances mislead your clients by offering therapies or services you are not qualified to do or have IPHM accreditation for. Failure to mislead the public or your clients may result in the immediate removal of your listing. Any therapist found to be in breach of this will have their listing and membership removed from our website. and no refund will be offered. IPHM hold no responsibility to anyone who has received treatments or consultation with an IPHM approved therapist. All therapists are agreeing that they have read and understood our T&Cs and agree to follow our code of ethics. Using the IPHM Logo either by wearing your badge or showing your certificate without a valid membership may result in prosecution.
DELIVERY POLICY: All signed membership certificates are sent as an attachment to your email address via pdf and can be printed off. You may order any copies or extra certificates and badges via your members dashboard
If wishing to have your documents sent via special delivery or signed for, then further charges will occur. Please note special delivery options can be quite expensive. You should contact us to request a quote.
Payment Flow and Delivery Policy: Once you have made payment and subscribed to IPHM your application will be processed within a few days and no later than 7 days. A signed copy of your certificate and therapy badge (if applicable) will be sent to you as an attachment with your acceptance email ready for you to download. You may also request a posted hard copy to be sent out to you. Postage charges will apply. Once your certificate has been issued you have now entered into a legal and binding contract with IPHM as set out below.
How to make a complaint - The IPHM will only mediate if the complaint is unresolved due to an inability to reach a mutually agreeable outcome or if, the training provider or therapist has, in any way, refused to handle the complaint. If wishing to make a complaint regarding one of our members you must have contacted the member concerned first. Only if this has not been resolved should you then request an IPHM complaints form.
The IPHM reserves the right to suspend or withdraw accreditation depending on the nature and severity of the complaint, as well as the number of repeated complaints lodged against a member. No refund will be issued if the complaint is upheld.
Installments, Subscriptions & Membership T&Cs
Yearly Subscriptions: If making payment via yearly subscription then your payments are deducted automatically from Paypal or our Payment Provider each year on renewal. We do send reminders beforehand but do not guarantee that you will get a reminder. Please note that should you wish to cancel your subscription then you should do this at least 7 days before payment is due or at the time you receive your reminder, normally 10 days before payment is taken. Membership fees will remain the same but only if renewals are made on or before the due date.
Please note the ownness is on the member to inform us of any necessary changes such as new email address or contact details, IPHM accepts no responsibility for emails not being received by the member but will send a copy of our IPHM reminder email sent to you on request. Once your subscription (in the case of PayPal this must be done directly by the member) is cancelled your details and listing will be removed from our website and you will no longer be entitled to use the letters IPHM after your name or use our logo and membership badge if applicable showing that you are an approved member of IPHM.
Monthly Instalments - Minimum Period Terms and ending your Agreement -
Important please read if you have chosen to pay for your subscription via our instalment plan as these are the terms you are agreeing to. Your payments will be due monthly on the same date as you signed up. All payments are inclusive of VAT
Your Pay Monthly Membership Agreement has a minimum term called a Minimum Period, which could be as short as 30 days. After the Minimum Period, you can end the Agreement by giving us 30 days' Notice (unless any other statutory or regulatory rules apply) Please note the ownness is on the member to inform us of any necessary changes such as new email address or contact details, IPHM accepts no responsibility for emails not being received.
If monthly payments are not made on time then IPHM has the right to request the full balance outstanding. It is important to make your payments on the date stated once agreed and if you have any difficulty then you should contact us immediately.
Unless specified otherwise, if you want to end the Agreement during the Minimum Period or we end this Agreement as a result of your material breach, then you will have to pay an Early Termination Charge which amounts to no more than your Monthly Subscription Charges multiplied by the number of months left in your Minimum Period
Examples of Early Termination Charges
Example 1: You have applied for a 12-month therapist membership via instalments costing £8 a month and decide to stop trading after six months. This means you’ll pay an Early Termination Charge for the last six months of your contract. which gives an Early Termination Charge of £48.00.
Example 2: You have applied for a 12-month standard training provider membership via instalments costing £17.50 a month and decide to stop training after six months. This means you’ll pay an Early Termination Charge for the last six months of your contract. which gives an Early Termination Charge of £105.00.
We may end the Agreement if you don't pay any Charges that are due or if you’re bankrupt. We can also end the Agreement if we reasonably believe the Service is being used: fraudulently, illegally, in a way that harms our reputation, or to cause annoyance (among other things).
This is a rolling contract and renewal will continue unless cancelled.
Amendment of Listing Fees – Amendments to your listing can be requested via your personal member's dashboard, once we have received your request we are happy amend any details free of charge and this normally will be done within 48hrs. If however, you require a change of trading name or certificate or a more in-depth listing/profile update then this may incur an admin fee.
HOW TO CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Cancellation if Paying via Subscription - If you have set up a yearly subscription to pay for your membership, and in the case of a PayPal Subscription you will need to cancel this directly with PayPal. If you request cancellation you will be sent details of how to do this. If you wish to cancel before your application has been processed and you have simply changed your mind then this will incur an admin fee equivalent to the non-refundable deposit.
Important notice for PayPal Subscriptions - Please note it is the member's responsibility to cancel PayPal Subscriptions directly and IPHM will not be eligible to refund any payment if this has not been completed and your renewal certificate has already been emailed to you. If you require assistance to cancel your subscription directly then we will be happy to assist on request. Although you may receive a cancellation letter from IPHM requesting this it will not be considered cancelled until your PayPal Subscription had been cancelled directly by yourself. Details of how to do this are on the cancellation letter so you should read this carefully.
Your responsibility on cancellation - Our logo must be removed from any website or paperwork showing you as an approved and accredited IPHM member once the cancellation has been made and accepted. You must not use your IPHM membership badge to mislead the public and Failure to do so may result in membership fees being owed and made payable to IPHM.
REFUND POLICY T&C,s
Refunds Policy- No refund will be issued for documents that have already been sent to you via attachment. No refund or part refunds will be issued for any member who cancels their membership during the term of membership. Please note a refund will not be sent to anyone who has cancelled their membership during the term or simply changed their mind. Refunds will only be issued in the case that IPHM does not accept your request for membership.
Refunds will be offered if you have notified us that you have cancelled your subscription and followed the above instructions, but payment has still been deducted through no fault of your own. You may need to show us proof of your cancellation if disputing a refund.
Marketing Emails - You are agreeing to receive marketing communications from IPHM. This means that we may send you newsletters or information that we feel is relevant and important regarding your membership. We will not pass your details on to 3rd parties nor will we ever send Spam Emails. You may unsubscribe at any time.
You also agree that you have read and understood and agree to abide by our Code of Ethics.
PUBLIC IPHM DISCLAIMER NOTICE
Disclaimer: Our Holistic Therapists’ Directory is designed to provide an advertising space where holistic health professionals and healers can promote their work online. Whilst we try to maintain a good standard of listings on the site, the fact that a therapist or practitioner's details are on display does not imply any personal or professional recommendation by us. We accept the details offered to us by each practitioner in good faith - that includes their therapy qualifications, memberships/ registrations etc. Each of our listed practitioners should be happy to provide evidence of their advertised qualifications & professional memberships, plus proof of relevant insurance cover if asked for, which we suggest you may want to request before embarking on any treatment, for your own peace of mind. We are not responsible for any actions, behaviour or claims made by the therapists/ practitioners/Training providers listed on this site.
IPHM hold no responsibility to students who have received a certificate or training should the training provider in question not abide by our T&Cs and code of ethics or not renew their membership with us. All training providers are agreeing that they have read and understood our T&Cs and agree to follow our code of ethics. Only registered and approved members whose payments and membership are up to date may use our logo on their own website and paperwork. Misleading the public by using the IPHM Logo without a valid membership may result in prosecution.
Failure to adhere to these terms and conditions may result in the IPHM withdrawing accreditation without notice.
You must remove all reference to IPHM Accreditation from all documents and web pages, Accreditation Logos and destroy Accreditation Certificates and plaques if you withdraw from the Accreditation scheme or do not renew accreditation or if you are found to be in breach of our T&Cs.
All members of IPHM and any person obtaining the services from any IPHM members should be aware of the above T&C's and by joining and using the services of IPHM you are in agreement with all our T&C's, disclaimer notices & Code of Ethics as shown.
Updated 3/2/2021 UK members only - Protected Titles- Arts Therapists, Art Therapists, Dramatherapists, Music Therapists and Art Psychotherapists is not an approved title to use in the United Kingdom unless you already hold membership and have permission to use these particular titles with the HCPC
Misuse of IPHM logo: More Details
Our Company Details:
Registration Name: Holistic Therapy Services Ltd – Trading as IPHM
Office Address: Sladen Wood Mill, Training Rooms FF4, Todmorden Rd, Littleborough, Lancs, OL15 9EW
Place of registration: Companies House – Cardiff
Registration Number: 11289698
Vat Number: 361613416
Tel: 44 01706 838332
23/04/2021 - 18/3/2022 - 31/3/2022 - 16/5/2022