Hot Stone Therapy diploma course
Date: July 11 - September 1st, 2022
Contact: Rachel Andrews
One Day Hot Stone Therapy Diploma course
An American massage therapist, Mary Nelson, was the founder of the original hot stone therapy which she called 'LaStone'. Mary wanted to continue her therapy practice while easing her stiff and painful wrist joints. Using the stones to massage achieved this goal, while also enhancing the massage treatment.
Use of the stones is much more than a tool for the therapist; the warmth of the stones is truly comforting and they connect us with Mother Earth, grounding our vibrations.
What you'll learn...
- History and benefits of hot stone therapy
- Health & Safety
- Consultation process including contra-indications
- Contra-actions and aftercare advice
- Use of hot stones in other therapies
- The stone movements
- The Hot Stone Therapy routine
Course pre-requisites: a previous qualification in body massage (eg Swedish Massage, Holistic Massage or Aromatherapy)